Welcome to Sunny Vista
Sunny Vista, Then and Now
Sunny Vista began as a tuberculosis sanatorium in 1911 and was originally known as Sunnyrest Sanatorium. Marjorie Palmer Watt, the daughter of Colorado Springs founder General William Palmer, created an endowment that is still in place today. After World War II, when tuberculosis was no longer a great threat, Sunnyrest became a non-profit, long- term-care facility for community residents who couldn’t afford health care.
In early 2004, the Board of Directors responded to the ever-changing needs of the community and began plans for a state-of-the-art facility located across the street from the original building.
Along the way, the decision was made to change the name from Sunnyrest Sanatorium to Sunny Vista Living Center—and now the new 116-private-room facility provides state-of- the-art skilled care and rehabilitation services to Colorado Springs.
With deep roots in the past and a progressive focus on meeting the changing health care needs of the baby boomer population in the future, Sunny Vista’s commitment toward making a difference in the lives of others is stronger than ever.