Maintain Independence – Participate in Meaningful Activities
Occupational therapy interventions focus on adapting the environment, modifying the task, teaching the skill, and educating you and your family in order to increase your participation in and performance of daily activities, particularly those that are meaningful to you and maintain your independence. To enable independence of older adults at home, our occupational therapists perform fall screenings and evaluate older adults functioning in their homes and recommend specific home modifications. When addressing low vision, occupational therapists modify tasks and the environment. Physical disabilities don’t have to become an obstacle to enjoying a fulfilling life. Let us help you get back to your daily routine with help from our team of skilled Occupational Therapists. Our approach is a client-centered practice that places a premium on making progress towards your goals.
Our specialties include…
- Mobility training for functional household tasks (dressing, cooking, cleaning, etc.)
- Energy conservation training (spending energy when and where it counts)
- Muscle strengthening & joint range-of-motion
- Thought organization (following logical progressions) for movement, sight-identification, and the planning of activities
- Domestic task training (dressing, grooming, hygiene, preparing meals, etc.)